60 years of expertise


 

1949: The company Essencia Essential Oils Ltd is established by Hans Mächler and Arnold Pfister. The company is based in Winterzhur at Untertor 14. The purpose of the company is to trade in essential oils.

Early 1960: Entry into the world of perfumes. Essencia acquires the portfolio of small customers from well-known perfume companies Givaudan and Theo Mühlethaler. The company starts trading in perfumes.

Late 1960: Essencia starts developing its own perfumes.

Early 1970: Andreas Mächler, the oldest son of the founder, joins the company. Following aan education and training in perfumery at Givaudan, Andreas Mächler start creatuing his own perfume compositions. Early

1980: The company moves to a new location at Gärtnerstrasse 8 in Winterthur. The additional space allows management to further improve the qualiyt control procedures.

Late 1980: The company introduces ist first ERP system and acquires gas chormatgrogram with a packed coloumns.
2001: Essencia is moving to new premises in an industrial zone at Stäffelistrasse 8, Winterthur. Now, the company has sufficient space to accomdate ist growth and to further improve its service ofering to growing number of clients.

2008: Essencia commences development of natural perfumes.

2012: By selling the company to two private investors, the continuity of the business is safeguarded.

On January 2012, Richard Ili (co-owner) assumes the position of CEO and Andreas Mächler is able to retire following a short transition period.

February 2012: Essencia presents its new TrueScentTM collection at the trade show Vivaness in Nürnberg.